Building a website for you normally follow this process:
- Discuss what you want from your website. This could include:
– Information on your products and services
– Selling your products online
– Company details: About the company, contact details, Terms & Conditions
– Websites you like & dislike, looks, corporate colours etc..
- Create a website design – to your approval
- Build the website with your content – to your approval
- Upload the website to the internet and put into search engines
This process can take anything from days to months normally depending on how soon the content can be delivered.
Other things to think about your website build:
- Domain Name
Do you have a domain name already? If not we need to buy one – normally about £25pa
- Website Hosting
Do you have web space already and is it appropriate to the website you want – if you need programming can your website host cope
- Changing/Updating Content later
There are 2 ways to change content later:
Do it yourself – we can design your site so it is simple and easy to do.
Let us do it for you
– Our maintenance contracts take the hassle out of updating contect
– Major overhauls or one-off changes – let us know what you want changed, and we’ll provide a quote for the work within 48hrs.
Making secure sales online needs a shopping cart system and somewhere for the money to go. There are various ways to take Credit Card details online:
- Take Credit Cards securely online but put through your offline machine – frowned upon by banks but does work
- Get a Paypal Account. Its free and money goes straight into your paypal account when a sale is made – no waiting for 60 days
- Ask your bank about getting a Merchant Account.
These are just some of the areas to think about when setting up or developing a website.