80% of website traffic can come from search engines, the majority of that will come from Google. Search Engines cannot “see” a site, they just read the code. This is why ugly sites often do so much better than pretty ones – they have lots of relevant text for search engines to read.
There are many things that influence search engines, these include:
- Optimised code – using keywords
- Good Content – that backs up the keywords
- Lots of content – that backs up the keywords
- Easy Navigation – so search engines can check the content
- Submitting the site to Search Engines and Directories
- Lots of links from other, especially relevant, Web sites
- Being a Mobile friendly web site
This is no way of cheating Google. You cannot buy your way to the top of Google. No one can guarantee a position in Google. Emails that claim otherwise are very unlikely to be telling the truth.
WellMadeWebsite has had many successes in getting good positions in search engines for clients’ Websites. But it has had some, luckily only a few, failures.
These are just some of the areas to think about when setting up or developing a website and its search engine optimisation.